Pakistan Condemns Attack on UAE Nuclear Facility

Pakistan has strongly condemned the drone attack on the Barakah Nuclear Energy Plant in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and expressed full solidarity with the Emirati government and people following the incident.

In a statement issued on Monday, Pakistan’s Foreign Office said any deliberate attack on nuclear facilities represented a serious violation of international law, international humanitarian law, and the principles of nuclear safety and security established under the International Atomic Energy Agency framework.

Foreign Office Warns Against Targeting Nuclear Facilities

The Foreign Office stated that nuclear installations must never become targets under any circumstances. Officials warned that such attacks could have catastrophic consequences for human life, regional stability, and the environment.

The statement stressed that the protection of civilian nuclear infrastructure remains an established international norm that all states must respect.

Pakistan also urged all sides to exercise restraint and avoid actions that could escalate tensions across the region.

Drone Strike Hits Barakah Nuclear Energy Plant

The reaction came a day after a drone strike caused a fire at the Barakah Nuclear Energy Plant in the UAE.

According to the UAE defence ministry, authorities intercepted two drones successfully, while another drone managed to reach the facility. Officials said the drone struck an electrical generator located outside the plant’s inner security perimeter.

Authorities confirmed that no injuries occurred during the incident. Officials also stated that radiation levels remained normal and the nuclear facility continued operating safely.

The Abu Dhabi Media Office said the fire was contained quickly and did not affect the plant’s operations.

UAE Nuclear Authority Confirms Safety Measures

The UAE’s Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulation later confirmed that no radioactive material leaked from the site.

Officials assured the public that radiological safety standards remained intact following the attack. Authorities also emphasized that the Barakah facility remained secure despite the incident.

The defence ministry stated that the drones had entered from the western border, though officials did not provide further operational details.

Regional Tensions Continue to Rise

The attack comes amid rising tensions in the Middle East following the conflict that began after US and Israeli strikes against Iran earlier this year.

Iran has repeatedly targeted Gulf states hosting US military bases during the conflict. Several attacks reportedly struck civilian and energy related infrastructure across the region.

Analysts believe the latest incident could increase concerns about the security of critical infrastructure in Gulf countries.

Pakistan Calls for Diplomacy and Restraint

Pakistan renewed its call for dialogue and diplomacy to reduce tensions in the region.

The Foreign Office said all parties must fulfil their obligations under international law and international humanitarian law. The statement warned against steps that could push the region toward further instability.

Officials stressed that peaceful dialogue remained the only viable path toward lasting peace and regional stability.

The statement also reaffirmed Pakistan’s support for efforts aimed at preventing escalation and protecting civilian infrastructure during conflicts.

Scroll to Top